The Humectation repairs the hair, fights frizz and split ends, controls volume, defines curls, gives shine and softness to the hair, among many other benefits. And all you need to perform a good hair wetting is a good product based on vegetable oils!
Beautiful and healthy hair doesn't rhyme with dry, dull, lifeless and split ends. Therefore, vegetable oils serve as a complement to the hair's natural oiliness (especially in the case of curly and frizzy hair, where the natural oils from the roots have more difficulty reaching the ends. Humectation is also an excellent way to retain moisture and hydration inside the hair and restore the hair's essential lipids lost due to pollution, sun rays, chemical processes, use of a hairdryer or flat iron, among others.
So, to effectively moisturize and hydrate and strengthen the hair, there are several vegetable oils capable of penetrating the hair fiber, with different textures, smells and benefits - Coconut, Argan, Castor, Olive, Sunflower, Baobab, just to mention some. The most traditional way of performing the ritual of Humectation is done by applying the product/oil to the hair, strand by strand, gloving the strands and massaging the scalp in order to activate blood circulation. Then, leave the product/oil on the hair, with the help of a cap and for at least 1 hour, depending on the product used (either before washing the hair with other hair products, or overnight, for a night wetting).
- It is recommended to use a cloth cap, as the holes in the fabric facilitate the passage of air. Plastic or aluminum caps tend to muffle hair.
- For the wetting process to be completed correctly, it is very important to remove all the product/oil from the hair, after the rest period, to avoid the oily appearance of the hair.
- Depending on the type of hair and its degree of resentment, it is advisable to carry out the Humectation process at least once a week.
Embelleze also has several hair products with specific ways of use for an effective Moisture that gives the hair back the hydration, shine and softness it needs to shine again:
AfroHair Style Creamy Oil Humectation
Enriched with Argan and Olive Oils, AfroHair Style Creamy Oil Moisturizing provides curls with a bath of hydration and humectation. It presents a mode of use for two forms of Humectation:
- Night Moisturizing Ritual: Before going to sleep, with dry hair, place a generous amount of AfroHair Style Creamy Oil Moisturizing in the palm of your hand and apply to the hair, covering the locks. Wear a cap to sleep. The next morning, rinse and wash with AfroHair Style Shampoo and Conditioner. Finish as you prefer.
- Quick Moisturizing Ritual: Place a generous amount of AfroHair Style Creamy Oil Moisturizing in the palm of your hand and apply to the strands, gloving the locks. Leave on for 1 hour, rinse and wash with AfroHair Style Shampoo and Conditioner. Finish as you prefer.
Baobá Oil Novex Santo Black Powerful
Baobá Santo Black Poderoso Oil
is a powerful multifunctional oil that features a formula free of parabens, petrolatums, silicones and sulfates. Provides shiny, detangled hair, without frizz or split ends.
It can be used in 3 different ways, also during Humectation: with dry hair, apply Baobab Oil to the entire length of the hair, from root to tip. massage. Leave for at least 1 hour and wash.
Novex Multifunctional Coconut Oil
Oil de Coco Multifunctional by Novex
provides hair with hydration, revitalization, nutrition and shine 100% vegetable and free of
parabens, petrolatum , silicones, salt and sulfates, this Oil de Coconut
Multifunctional also has a fresh tropical scent and a perfect size to be carried on any trip!
Novex Multifunctional Coconut Oil can be used in 3 different ways, including during wetting: with dry hair, apply Novex Multifunctional Coconut Oil to the entire length of the hair, from root to tip. massage. Leave for at least 1 hour and wash.